For those that know me well you will know that I am addicted to my daily banana cacao smoothie. Recently I have taken it to the next level! I have added 3 extra ingredients to it and renamed it Cacao Super Smoothie MkII.
The basic recipe is:
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- rice, soy or almond milk (depends on desired consistency)
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
Stick in a blender and hit whizz!
Now for my new secret superfood ingredients, I have added to the basic recipe:
- 1 teaspoon organic Maca powder (this is fantastic for energy and your libido ;))
- 3-4 tablespoons Kefir (a homegrown probiotic – this is great for balancing your digestive system)
- 1 teaspoon Udo’s Organic 3.6.9 Oil Blend (a balanced blend of essential oils – this is fantastic for your nervous system)
Allow yourself plenty of preparation time but I promise it will be worth it :)